A027 AIS receiver + NMEA + GPS, +WiFi and Seatalk* converter
If you want to merge Seatalk* with AIS and GPS data…
The A027 combines dual-channel AIS data, with GPS and Seatalk* information allowing you to view wirelessly from anywhere on your boat to your mobile phones, tablets, and laptops (with the added option to connect to a NMEA chart plotter).
- Compact dual channel AIS receiver
- Multiplexer: combines AIS, GPS, and also Seatalk*
- SeaTalk* to NMEA converter
- Can be used wirelessly (WiFi) and through the USB or NMEA ports
- Integrated GPS module that can track up to 22 satellites on 66 channels.
- Compatible with Chart plotters, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux systems, Android, and iOS
- Two independent receivers monitoring AIS channels (161.975MHz &162.025MHz) and also decoding both channels simultaneously
- Sensitivity down to -104 dBm@30% PER
- Up to 20 nautical miles receiving range
- Powered by the Seatalk bus (<120mA @12.0V)
- NMEA-0183 message output through WiFi, USB, and RS422
- Configurable baud rates: (4.8, 9.6, 38.4k input and output)
- Simultaneous wireless and USB output
- The internal WiFi access point connects up to 4 devices simultaneously
- Adhoc and Station operating mode
- SeaTalk to NMEA 0183 protocol converter
- Built-in GPS to provide positional data
- Combines GPS and AIS messages with NMEA 0183 and outputs as a seamless stream of data
- BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
- Powered SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna
- Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10, Mac OS X, Linux systems, Android and iOS
- Plug & Play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
- Can connect to older RS232 products through optional Protocol Bridge (AS03).
QK-A027 has the following electrical connections/indicators:
- AIS antenna connector. Standard BNC female 50 Ohm connector. An active VHF antenna splitter is required if one VHF antenna is shared by QK-A027 and VHF voice radio.
- GPS antenna connector. Standard SMA female 50 Ohm connector to connect with an active GPS antenna.
- SeaTalk input connector. The SeaTalk port has 3-Pin terminals for connection to the SeaTalk bus. Ensure the connection is correct before powering up. An incorrect connection could damage the QK-A027 and other devices on the SeaTalk Bus. The QK-A027 runs on 12.0V DC and is powered through the Seatalk interface. This allows a much cleaner supply and a concomitant improvement in signal reception.
- LED lights. QK-A027 features three LEDs that indicate power, AIS, and GPS status respectively.
- NMEA 0183 output connectors. QK-A027 can be connected to other AIS compatible equipment, like wind/depth or heading sensors, via the NMEA inputs. QK-A027 sends out NMEA 0183 messages via WiFi, USB, and NMEA outputs simultaneously.
- USB connector. A micro USB connector outputs the NMEA messages. It can also be used for adjusting parameters using the GUI Configuration software. The A026 can be linked directly to a USB port on the PC or other mobile devices via the supplied cable.
- QK-A027 x1
- USB extension cable x1
- CD containing Manuals, Configuration Software, and drivers x1
- Setup Guidebook x1
This product now includes additionally a dual-band WiFi antenna (AS05) as standard.
Also, see our full AIS range
For your quote please email email@example.com
Also, follow us on LinkedIn
Please note that due to the complex nature of shipping for certain products it will be more cost effective to contact AMI directly using the firstname.lastname@example.org address or the telephone number +44 (0) 2380 480450, for a bespoke quotation.
Our team are able to create bespoke quotations for you for all of your needs and delivery requirements.
We are able to ship to all parts of the world. Transit times vary and are usually between 2 and 5 days depending on the destination.
All orders taken through the e-shop are acknowledged by the team at AMI Head Office and an expected delivery date will be advised.
Full terms and conditions are available on the Legal page.