A034 NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk to N2K
The QK-A034 is a sophisticated NMEA 2000 to WiFi and USB multiplexer, with added flexibility for your growing system.
In addition to bi-directional NMEA 2000 to WiFI and USB, the A034 provides a seamless connection of NMEA 0183 and Raymarine SeaTalk1 input devices to your NMEA 2000 network and your WiFi and USB devices.
The A034 gives you
- NMEA 2000 to WiFi and USB, 2-way communication
- Additionally, combined data from up to three NMEA 0813 inputs and SeaTalk1 inputs can be added into the data stream
- Convenient viewing of your combined marine data. Over WiFi on your mobile phones, tablet and laptop, and to your NMEA 2000 chart plotter.
- 2-way WiFi and USB gives you control and data inputs from WiFi and USB devices
- Filtering options
- Routing options
Typical System Setup
The A034 is a flexible device. The connections can be tailored to your individual setup.
Below is an example setup. Whether you input devices (eg. GPS, AIS, wind. depth, and other sensors) are SeaTalk1, NMEA 0183, or NMEA 2000; simply connect them to the correct input connection.
The A034 can be used out of the box for standard functionality. Alternatively, it can be configured for additional sophistication.
Without Configuration: The multiplexer converts and combines data received on the listener ports and sends this data to NMEA 2000, WiFi and USB simultaneously. Default Baud rates: NMEA input 1 and 2: 4800bps and NMEA input 3: 38400bps
- Configurable Baud rates
- USB data entry
- Linking to a second onboard WiFi network if desired
- Filtering options. Each input has a flexible filter that can be configured to pass or block specific sentences. This helps to avoid conflict if 2 input devices are inputting the same data type (eg GPS). Also, it frees up bandwidth Therefore significantly reducing the possibility of data overflow and the resulting loss of data.
- Routing options. The powerful routing feature allows the NMEA, SeaTalk, and WiFi input data to be routed from any input to specific outputs.
The WiFi module is set for direct Ad-hoc WiFi connection as default, with no need for a router. The SSID and password can be changed through QK-A034 configuration software. Therefore increasing security and memorability.
Up to 4 wireless devices can connect directly to the A034 in Ad-hoc mode.
QK-A034 can also be connected via Station mode using the Configuration software. This allows for greater range and remote access, as well as additional multi-device access.
The WiFi can also be disabled and be placed on Standby mode if desired.
Bi-directional WiFi: With 2-way WiFi, the A034 allows for wireless connection to autopilots and other NMEA devices. This gives you the freedom to navigate, monitor, and control from your iPad, iPhone, Android tablets, and other WiFi-enabled devices.
Bi-directional USB: 2-way USB the A034 allows the user to send instructions and also data through USB from a laptop to all connected outputs. Frequently used to control autopilots and other NMEA devices from OpenCPN and other PC software. Therefore allowing the user to navigate, monitor, and control from your laptop. This feature also allows for the sending of test data for system testing and analysis.
- Bi-directional WiFi, USB, and NMEA 2000
- Combines and inputs data from up to three NMEA 0183 input devices and also one SeaTalk input.
- SeaTalk to NMEA converter (converts common SeaTalk1 data types to NMEA 0183 sentences)
- Galvanically isolated NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk input ports. (Also called opto-isolation. Galvanically isolation prevents unwanted currents between devices. Therefore preventing equipment damage and interference with radio signals
- NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 converter (converts common sentences to PGNs and visa-versa)
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux
- Compatible with Android and iOS via WiFi
- Filtering allows for overflow reduction and additional configuration.
- Routing reduces the risk of data over-flow.
- Ad-hoc mode allows up to 4 devices to connect to the internal WiFi module simultaneously
- Station mode allows for the connection of the A034 to your router/ access point for a greater number of wireless users and WiFi range.
- Standby option(disable WiFi)
- WiFi and USB input and output of combined data in NMEA 0183 sentence format
- WiFi and USB additionally output NMEA 2000 network PGNs (in both 0183 sentences and PCDIN format)
More technical info
- Configurable NMEA 0183 baud rates (4800, 9600, 38400bps)
- Compatible with NMEA 2000 Chart plotters, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux systems (Full functionality, though the configuration is through a Windows application).
- Compatible with Android and iOS (All functionality excluding USB connection and Configuration).
- Connectable to older RS232 products through optional Protocol Bridge (AS03).
- QK-A034 x1
- USB-B cable (1m) x1
- NMEA 2000 cable x1
- CD containing Manuals, Configuration Software, and drivers x1
- Setup Guidebook x1
Also, see our Full NMEA 0183 Range
For your quote please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, follow us on LinkedIn
Please note that due to the complex nature of shipping for certain products it will be more cost effective to contact AMI directly using the email@example.com address or the telephone number +44 (0) 2380 480450, for a bespoke quotation.
Our team are able to create bespoke quotations for you for all of your needs and delivery requirements.
We are able to ship to all parts of the world. Transit times vary and are usually between 2 and 5 days depending on the destination.
All orders taken through the e-shop are acknowledged by the team at AMI Head Office and an expected delivery date will be advised.
Full terms and conditions are available on the Legal page.